Hello and Welcome!
I’m Tracey, a writer, food lover, and cookbook author.
I want to inspire you to try to new ingredients, cook a new dish, and explore the world through food.
I believe that:
- Recipes, ingredients, and meals are a fun and informative way to learn about other cultures.
- Adventure is a necessity.
- Adding new flavors and spices to your meals is a must.
- Exploring food when traveling is always a good idea.
- Meal kits are overrated and are a definite NO. Also a NO: bad coffee (no, no, no to all that plastic), processed foods (ugh), and bland ingredients (no way).
- Fantasizing about where to travel, where to eat, and where to explore next is totally reasonable. So is wandering around aimlessly and discovering something new.
- Being curious is a must, as is great coffee, spices, new flavors, incredible chocolate, and discovering an amazing restaurant or a unique hotel.
- Gathering around a table and enjoying yourself over a well-cooked meal with a bottle of wine and some great music is one of life’s great pleasures.
- At the end of the day all that really matters is enjoying life with family and friends.
In my newsletter, The Fernweh Dinner Party, I’ll introduce you to places and ingredients I discover—and sumptuous recipes that you’ll learn to make. Come and join me!